On behalf of the Supporters Club Chairman, Paul Norbury would like to release the following statement.
I would like to thank everyone who supported the End of Season Presentation and Party, whether you were directly or indirectly involved. The event took place on Friday 13th April at the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel and it was a massive success, capping off a very successful season for the Wildcats. Many photos of the event have been shared on social media and judging by the comments, we are pleased everyone had a great evening.
Special thanks must go to the following people and companies;
1. Melanie and Nigel Beckett, and Sally Norbury who organised the event
2. David Strover, Lisa and Neil Jones, Kyle and Oliver Beckett, Lucy and Jack Norbury, Jeff Priest and Ben Callaghan for your continued help, kind words and support
3. Everyone at the Wildcats for your unconditional support, but special mention to Sally Price, Keziah Farthing, Katy Housden, Aaron Nell and Steve Nell
4. All the players and off-ice team
5. The sponsors;
* Warrior Hockey, Superglide Wardrobes, Cardwave, The Mercieca Family, Artisan Hire, Cotswold Wildlife Park, The Campanile Hotel, Swindon Speedway, Tenpin Bowling West Swindon, The Wyvern Theatre, The Hilton Hotel, The Harvey
The Head’s ‘n Tail’s competition raised over £400 for the Wildcats in the Community project and we are pleased to confirm that Sam Bullas has already been in touch with the Supporters Club and this money is being used to purchase much needed kit for the school programme he runs.
The donations from our sponsors also raised over £400 in the raffle and this money will go towards paying for team coaches next season. We are also grateful to Tony and Claire Garraway, Jen Keepence and Steve Spencer for their successful bids in our auctions. We hope you are pleased with your prizes and they will remind you of a great night.
If you came and had a good evening, thank you once again for supporting the event. It did take months and months of careful planning and preparation and we are delighted that so many of you enjoyed it. If you didn’t come and feel you missed out, then make sure you reserve your tickets early for next year’s event! It is too early to talk about this now, but it will probably be at the Hilton DoubleTree again. Finally, try and enjoy the break from hockey and please remember that the Supporters Club is organising a BBQ at Lydiard Park on Sunday 24th June. Everyone is invited, so we hope to see lots of you there – just bring something to cook, eat, drink or share.
Have a great summer and thank you once again.